Review Detail

Atahualpa Language School
Quito
Go to Quito! Go to Escuela Ataheulpa! Fall in love with Marta and Vicente and the teachers. You'll be glad you did.
Overall rating 

Value 

Courses Quality 

Accommodations Quality 

Activities Quality 

Reviewed by Kenneth Myers April 16, 2013
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Fantastic School, Wonderful People

Go to Quito! Go to Escuela Ataheulpa! Fall in love with Marta and Vicente and the teachers. You'll be glad you did.

Review

Good Points
I can't say enough good about this school. I brought a group of 10 people from the United States and we did a week long class. The mornings were spent in classroom exercises, and the afternoons were spent on walking tours of Quito and a trip to Otovalo. Obviously one week does not make a person into a speaker of Spanish, but it was amazing what we did learn in those few days.

Equally impressive was the hospitality and friendship of the teachers and directors of the school. We have developed close friendships that have endured for years. I had an occasion to return to Quito on unrelated business, and was welcomed into the home of the directors as if I were long-lost family! I stayed with them three days while I did my business there, and I literally love them like family.

The cost of the schooling was very affordable and we definitely got our money's worth! I can't recommend them enough.

Also, Quito itself is one of the most wonderful places I have ever visited (and I have traveled the world). Always a nice temperature, surrounded by beautiful mountains, gorgeous architecture.

Bad Points
There wasn't a single bad point - except that I wish I could spend a month in class instead of a week, a thing they would quickly accomodate if I could arrange the time.
Do you recommend?
Yes
Review agreement
Yes
Add Media And Courses
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or